Apr 21, 2019
Geraldine’s became interested in Tarot after having a Tarot
reading herself that was so accurate and powerful that she felt she
had to learn more about Tarot. She later moved to Hawaii and
met her teacher who was a Spiritualist, a Kahuna, and a Master at
the Tarot. This teacher taught Geraldine about the spiritual
aspect of the Tarot. The Tarot taught Geraldine how her own
inner psyche was contributing to her life.
- Tarot is a pictorial picture of the story of our lives, from
the time we are born until we die. A language of the
unconscious mind. A telephone to the images that are in our
- The unconscious mind speaks and thinks in images.
Aristotle even said the soul thinks in images.
- The Tarot allows us to discover the patterns in our lives, what
is driving us, so we can consciously act toward what it is we want
to create. Tarot helps us claim our power and put us in a
place of choice rather than victimhood.
- The real gifts of the Tarot are what the Tarot can teach us
about the processes of the unconscious mind. What part of
myself am I not seeing that is projecting outward in creating my
- In working with Tarot on your own, you can ask the cards a
question and pull a Tarot card, let the card speak to you, do some
journaling, have a conversation with the image, ask the card or
image what its message is for you, draw the card, paint it, and
pick a card a day and use it as a filter through which you
experience the day’s activities and events.
- There are many meanings for each card. The meaning can be
influenced by many things including its position in a spread, the
cards around it, the client you are reading for, and the question
that the client has asked the reader.
- Geraldine has more than 200 Tarot decks, each deck an
interpretation by the creator and artists for that particular
- Cut your teeth on Rider Waite Smith deck but choose Tarot decks
that really speak to you to work with. Begin by working with
the 22 Major Arcana and the 4 Aces.
- Formulating the question is very important for a valuable Tarot
reading. Avoid using the word “should” in your question
because it is limiting your power and sense of choice. The
best questions are specific and open-ended. You want to be
careful NOT to reinforce a victim mentality.
- Think about Tarot as fortune-creation rather than
fortune-telling. The Tarot helps us to “possibilize” the
- Why do we use Tarot? Until you make the unconscious
conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it “fate.” –
- A good Tarot reader will educate potential clients on how he or
she works and how to formulate questions to get the most from a
- Geraldine is an ordained minister in Divine Metaphysics.
Divine Metaphysics believes there is an energy field or universal
divine intelligence. It teaches the power of the mind is huge
and that many of us are using only a very small percentage of our
mind. We are creators of the life we have.
- The power is not in the Tarot cards – they are simply
paper. Rather, it’s the power of our mind and the power of
spirit that is able to speak to us and through us with Tarot
- Geraldine’s favorite cards are The Hermit and The
Chariot. The light that the Hermit holds is really that
divine light within us. The spiritual path is really
connecting to that divine light within. The energy of The
Chariot can help us to be in charge of our destiny.
- The minor arcana have to do with everyday life. Major
Arcana cards represent the big picture, spiritual
- A Tarot reading can take your intuitive spark or idea and help
you grow it into something fantastic.
Reverend Geraldine Hodson: www.thespiritualtarot.com or
Host Dan Johnson’s websites: www.performancemastery.com
Subscribe to Spirit and Energy Podcast in your favorite podcast
app or visit www.spiritandenergypodcast.com